Created 1844 to connect Texas Republic with the United States. Route began in Dallas, to go to Kiomatia Crossing of Red river.
Surveyed by Maj. George W. Stell, road was to be 30' wide and clear of tree stumps more than a foot high. Route ran north of land of John H. Loring (1 mi.E of present Ladonia), coming eastward to make abrupt north turn here and push over Sulphur River at crossing named for Isaac Lyday, who came here in 1836. A small segment of the road may still be seen (1972) skirting Lyday Cemetery in the W. D. Wehrmann, Jr., pasture, just east of FM 904, southwest of Dial.
Location: The marker was stolen. It was previously located at the juncture of FM 904 and Highway 64.
Read more about the Central National Road at the Handbook of Texas.