Successor to Bethel Society, founded with 26 charter members in 1846 as the First Presbyterian Church in Bethel (present Dial) Community. Early services were held in a one-room log school shared by all denominations.
The first sunday school was organized on January 27, 1874.
The first church building was dedicated in 1900 on land given by James Dial, prominent citizen.
In 1958 "United" was added to name after two branches of the Presbyterian Church through American were united. The present church was built in 1925, using materials from first structure.
Location: Across from the Dial cemetery in Dial on FM 824.
Extensive materials on the history of the Dial Presbyterian Church may be found on the website of the Honey Grove Preservation League.