Recognizing a need for banking services, a group of local businessmen opened the private Bank of Windom in 1900. Originally, the bank operated out of F. C. Council's store but relocated to a new brick structure on the corner of Main and 2nd streets in 1902. Although the name of the organization of the bank changed over time, the building continued to house the only bank in Windom. In 1964, it changed its name to Fannin National Bank and in 1976 moved to a modern facility. By providing sources of capital of construction and agricultural projects, businesses, and homes, the Bank of Windom has contributed to the Community's growth and prosperity for generations.
Directions: From the intersection of Texas Hwy 56 and FM-1743, proceed south on FM-1743 across the railroad tracks bearing left/east on Main Street about .2 miles to the marker on the left/north.