William W. Bell (1794-1845) immigrated to the United States from his native England in 1820. By 1836 he had come to Texas, where he enlisted in the Republic of Texas Army in February 1837. He later served in a company of Texas Rangers and was granted a contract by the Republic of Texas to carry mail from Independence to Nashville.
Bell was married to the former Elizabeth Weaver, and they were the parents of eight sons and one daughter. This cemetery traces its beginnings to 1845, when William W. Bell died and was buried here by his family. Also interred in the graveyard are Elizabeth Weaver Bell (1804-1894) and give of the Bells' nine children: daughter Texana Bell Henry (1837-1859); sons Stephen (1823-1900), D. J. (1825-1899), Albert H. (1830-1800), and A. Jessie (1834-1856),
There are five other marked graves of family members, as well as several unmarked burials. Family tradition states some of the unmarked graves may be those of slaves.
The William W. Bell Cemetery Association formed by Bell descendants in 1985 maintains the historic graveyard.
Directions: Drive north for 4.3 miles on FM 1752 north from Savoy to a gravel road. Then go west on the gravel road .7 miles. Turn right at a large iron-gated entrance. Go north .2 miles.