This Queen Anne house was built in 1890, seventeen years after the town of Honey Grove was chartered. It was constructed for William H. and Martha (O'Kelley) Gross. A prominent area lawyer, Gross served as the first city attorney for Honey Grove. In 1905 the property was purchased by local merchant Samuel M. Dial and his wife Ruby (Rutherford). Dial was a native of the nearby community of Lane's Academy, later renamed Dial in honor of his family. Deeded to the Dial's son Harry in 1932, the residence remained in the family for over sixty years.
Location: 808 N. 8th Street, Honey Grove
Below is a historic photo of the Dial Home.