Granted a dispensation by the Grand Lodge of Texas in 1854, the Honey Grove Masonic Lodge was officially chartered in 1856. Early meetings were held in the attic of the old Smith Hotel on the town square and on the second floor of the Walcott School Building. In 1914 the Lodge moved to a building on N. 6th Street shared with the newspaper office. After it burned in 1955, the Lodge and newspaper built adjacent structures at this site. The Lodge facilities are shared by four masonic organizations, which support many programs in Honey Grove.
Location: 552 North 6th Street, Honey Grove
More information on the Honey Grove Lodge is at the Honey Grove Preservation League website.