Jones' Mill marker dedication (above) and cemetery (below).
In the 1840's, New Jersey natives John W. and Tamson (Tamezine) Finley Jones settled in Fannin County, joining them later, other family members included sons who had served as missionaries to the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations. The Jones' Mill Community arose around the family's flour mill and cotton gin. Four decades later, the Self brothers built a mill, and the population shifted and became known as the Selfs Community. Eventually, Honey Grove became the predominant area settlement. Over the years, many from Jones' Mill contributed to development of churches and other institutions in Honey Grove. Today, the Jones' Mill Community is represented by its historic cemetery (1/4 mi. E.) with grave markers dating to 1850.
Location: 11 miles north of Honey Grove on FM 100, north of intersection with CR 2800 at the Selfs Community.
More information on the Jones' Mill cemetery is on the Fannin County GenWeb site.