Ladonia is located in southeastern Fannin County and was established in 1840 by James MacFarland and Daniel Davis. In 1885 the town had daily stage connections with Honey Grove and in 1887 offered a bonus to the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railroad to run its line through the town.
Thanks to Mary Helen Haines for providing the envelope on the right.
A great deal of information on Ladonia is provided on the Fannin County GenWeb site.
Historical markers in Ladonia:
The Ladonia Historical Preservation Society (now the Burleson History Center) has published a number of books on the history of Ladonia, and they have given us permission to scan those books and make them available through our website.