This church traces its history to early Methodist services held in the Union Church of Honey Grove in the 1840s. Methodist members of the Union Church erected their first church building here in 1881 and named it for J. W. P. McKenzie, a pioneer Methodist preacher in North Texas. This Gothic structure, built in 1912 incorporating native stone salvaged from the 1881 church building, features distinctive conical towers and arched doors and stained glass windows.
Location: at 7th and Pecan Streets in Honey Grove.
Extensive information relating to the McKenzie Methodist Church is on the Honey Grove Preservation League site.