This brick structure was built as the second sanctuary for the Leonard Methodist congregation, which was organized three years after the founding of the town in 1880. Completed in 1906, it was constructed during the pastorates of the Rev. E. G. Roberts and the Rev. S. P. Ulrich. Three years later the building was dedicated free of debt at the special service which included a sermon by Bishop W. B. Murrah. The styling features Gothic Revival detailing.
Read a detailed History of the Leonard Methodist Church.