Built 1910 by Y. B. Reed, who in 1894 had bought out grandfather and uncle Burgher & Burgher.
A complete hardware store had plows, binders, hay balers, hand tools, sold wagons and buggies, nails, wire, hinges, nuts, bolts.
Harness Division made goods it sold. Tin shop made gutters and tanks. Also sold windmills.
Site of voting in elections. Visits and arguments went on by the heater in winter or by the door in summertime.